The City of Lacey provides notary services by appointment only on Wednesdays from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Notary services are provided for a fee of $3 per document for each notarial act. The City accepts cash or check for payment. The City does not charge to notarize passport documents, City of Lacey claims, or other City-related business.
Not all Notary services are performed at this location. For example, the following will not be accepted
• Complex real estate documents
• Wills and estate documents
• Blank documents or documents without notarial language
• Notary block in a foreign language Simple Rules Regarding Notary Services
1. Notaries cannot give legal advice or prepare documents on your behalf.
2. Notaries cannot sign a document that does not contain a legally acceptable notary acknowledgement or jurat.
3. Signers must appear in-person before a Notary can complete the transaction.
4. Do not sign the document until instructed by the Notary.
5. Signers must have acceptable photo identification:
• ID must be current or expired for less than three years
• ID must be issued by a federal or state government (Driver’s License, Passport, or State ID)
• ID must contain the individuals photograph, signature, and physical description
6. If witnesses are required, signer must bring witnesses with them. The City does not provide witnesses.Remember to bring your Photo ID, unsigned document(s), $3 per document, and witnesses, if required.