Passport InformationCity of Lacey Passport services is accepting applications at Lacey City Hall, 420 College Street SE, Lacey, WA. Our hours of operation are: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 2pm to 4pm, first come, first served. We also take appointments for Fridays only. Please call to make an appointment at (360) 491-3212.
- Please consult the State Department’s website www.travel.state.gov for other locations.
- Passport processing times vary throughout the year (based on volume), please see www.travel.state.gov for current processing times.
State department requirements change from time to time. For the most up-to-date information and to download any of the passport forms visit the State Department’s website at www.travel.state.gov. For additional information, please contact the National Passport Information Center at 1 (877) 487-2778 (TDD: 1 (888) 874-7793) or by email at NPIC@state.gov.
ALL first-time applicants must appear in person.
What You Need to Bring
- Completed application form – available for pick-up any time during regular business hours.
a. DS-11 application form — Used for first-time applicants or those who are not eligible for renewal by mail.
b. DS-82 renewal application by mail — applicants do not need to appear in-person to renew their passport.
- Certified copy of a birth certificate or previous U.S. Passport.
a. All minors under 16 must have birth certificate with them – even if they’ve had a previous passport.
b. The birth certificate must be issued by the state or county. Hospital copies and photocopies are not acceptable.
- Valid government issued photo identification (driver’s license, military I.D.) Minors are not expected to have I.D. of their own. In this case, a parent or guardian's photo I.D. is accepted in its place.
- Photocopy of photo identification submitted (#3). Photocopy must be on plain 8½" x 11" paper showing the front and back of your identification. Photocopy must contain both images on one side of the paper.
- Two identical passport photographs, sized 2 inches by 2 inches only. Pictures must have been taken within the past 6 months. The background must be white or off-white. For information regarding digital photos, please refer to the State Department website. Smiling is acceptable.
- Payment in the form of checks or money orders.
a. A check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of State in the amount of $110 for each adult application (16 years of age or older) or a check or money order, made payable to the U.S. Department of State, in the amount of $80 for each minor child (15 years of age or younger).
b. Check, money order, cash or Visa/Master Card, made payable to the City of Lacey, in the amount of $25 per application for the processing execution fee.
c. Expedited processing is available for an additional $60 per application. The $60 fee will be added to the check or money order made payable to the U.S. Dept of State increasing the total to $170 for applicants 16 yrs of age and older and $140 for applicants 15 yrs of age and under.
Special Requirements For Children
To submit an application for a child under the age of 16, both parents or the child’s legal guardian(s) must appear and present the following:
- Evidence of the child’s US Citizenship
- Evidence of the child’s relationship to the parents/guardian(s) AND
- Parental/Guardian identification
If only one parent appears you must also submit one of the following:
- Second parent’s notarized written statement consenting to passport issuance for the child, (form DS-3053)
- Primary evidence of sole authority to apply OR
- A written statement (made under penalty of perjury) explaining the second parent’s unavailability.