UTILITY CUSTOMER SERVICE
About Your Utility Bill
City of Lacey residential utility customers receive a
monthly bill for services. Utility bills are processed through a
third-party vendor. For your convenience, utility bills can be paid online, by mail, phone,
and in person at Lacey City Hall, 420 College Street SE. |
Lacey utility staff can assist you with billing questions or
concerns about Lacey's water, stormwater, or wastewater utilities, Monday through Friday,
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., (excluding holidays) at (360) 491-5616 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below, you will find
information about your utility bill, including a description of charges,
account codes, and fees. You will also find links to billing
schedules, payment due dates, and utility rates.
The back side of the utility bill provides a summary of payment and service options. Sample Back
The Billing Details section of your Lacey utility bill displays a
two-letter code before each line item to designate the type of account
WR Water IR Irrigation
SW Stormwater WW Wastewater
SP Wastewater Step System SD Sewer Deduct
GR Wastewater Grinder System
Customers may find up to seven types of line item charges on a residential
utility account statement. To view current utility rates, browse to
Municipal Utility Rates.
See information below image for full descriptions.
- CITY SEWER CHARGE: Fees are used for maintenance and operations of City of Lacey sewer lines and lift stations inside the city limits.
- LOTT TREATMENT: LOTT—Lacey, Olympia, Tumwater and Thurston County, or LOTT Clean Water Alliance—manages sewage treatment in the cities and county. The City of Lacey collects fees for LOTT services to pay for operation of the wastewater treatment plant, debt payment for the construction costs of all improvements previously made to the plant, and new improvements. The plant treats all wastewater from the City of Lacey sewer system. LOTT is also responsible for reclaimed water (purple pipe) treatment systems.
- RESIDENT BASE RATE: This is a flat monthly charge to each City of Lacey water customer who resides inside City of Lacey boundaries. This fee provides funding for maintenance and operations of Lacey’s water utility system.
NON-RESIDENT BASE RATE: This is a flat monthly fee charged to each Lacey customer who is connected to the City of Lacey water system with a service location outside the City of Lacey boundaries.
- * WATER CONSUMPTION: Actual water usage by each customer, based on monthly (electronic) meter reading. Water rates are structured in a multi-tiered system that rewards customers who conserve water by charging a lower rate for lower water consumption. A typical residential customer uses 900 cubic feet of water in one month. View Municipal Utility Rates for more on tiered water rates.
- STORMWATER: This charge reflects maintenance, treatment, and operations cost for Lacey’s stormwater collection system and drainage basins. Residential accounts are charged a flat monthly fee for stormwater utilities. Commercial account fees are based on impacts to the stormwater system.
- UTILITY TAX: The current utility tax rate is six percent (6%). This tax is similar to the business and occupation (B&O) tax, but is imposed on all utility businesses, including city utilities such as sewerage and water distribution.
- FIRE SUPPRESSION UTILITY TAX: This tax is limited ONLY to the water portion of the utility bill. Starting in 2013, the City of Lacey paid the water utility directly from the general fund for fire suppression costs (fire hydrants, pumping, etc.). For further information about this tax visit the Utility Tax Changes for 2013 page.
Additional fees may be assessed for services or penalties, including:
Trip Fee: Anytime the city has to send someone out to turn the water meter off or on, or to send out the final disconnect notice, a fee of $15 per trip is assessed.
Penalties: Utility bills not paid in full by the due date shall be considered delinquent and assessed a 7.5% penalty charge. The City will also mail the customer a past due notice. If the past due charges have not been received by the City of Lacey within 7 days after that notice, a disconnect notice will be sent. If the past due charges are not paid within 7 days after the disconnect notice, the water will be disconnected. If water is disconnected due to non payment, a $40 penalty will be charged.
Utility Billing Schedule
Municipal Utility Rates
Online Utility Billing