Effective June 26, 2020:
Lacey Parks are open! Parks and open spaces are very important for wellness during the COVID-19 emergency, but must be used responsibly. You can still get outside for fresh air and exercise, but for the safety of you and your loved ones, you must follow the new temporary rules of Governor Inslee’s Stay Safe Phase 3.
All City parks and trails are open from 7:00 a.m. until dark.
“GO before you go!” Park restrooms may be limited. A reduced level of available staff, and an increased use of Lacey’s parks and the park restrooms, makes it difficult for crews to keep the facilities cleaned to the standard that is critically necessary during the pandemic.
Group amenities such as playgrounds, the skate park, and picnic shelters are now open, but must be used responsibly:
- Practice physical distancing at all times, this means keeping children from different households 6 feet apart on the playground.
- Wait your turn or come back another time if amenities are too crowded for physical distancing.
- Always bring face coverings for yourself and your children and have them ready to use if needed.
Per the governor’s orders, and Health Department recommendations, please use open spaces and trails responsibly:
• Outdoor recreational sports activities and other gatherings up to 50 people are allowed with proper physical distancing.Stay healthy and safe!
• If you encounter others, maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance.
• Bring your own hand sanitizer since restrooms may not be available to wash your hands.
• Bring your own face covering
• Stay home if you are sick.
• Take all of your belongings and waste with you when you leave.
Visit our Parks & Recreations page with resources to Play at Home!