Effective June 3, 2020:
Lacey Parks are open! Parks and open spaces are very important for wellness during the COVID-19 emergency, but must be used responsibly. You can still get outside for fresh air and exercise, but for the safety of you and your loved ones, you must follow the new temporary rules of Governor Inslee’s Stay Safe Phase 2.
All City parks and trails remain open from 7:00 a.m. until dark. Some parking lot access may be limited.
“GO before you go!” Park restrooms may be limited. A reduced level of available staff, and an increased use of Lacey’s parks and the park restrooms, makes it difficult for crews to keep the facilities cleaned to the standard that is critically necessary during the pandemic.
These group amenities in parks are still closed: playgrounds, skatepark, and picnic shelters.
Per the governor’s orders, and Health Department recommendations, please use open spaces and trails responsibly:
• Outdoor recreation involving fewer than 5 people outside one’s household is allowed.
• If you encounter others, maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance.
• Bring your own hand sanitizer since restrooms may not be available to wash your hands.
• Bring your own face covering
• Stay home if you are sick.
• Take all of your belongings and waste with you when you leave.
Reminder: Gatherings beyond members of your household plus 5 others is not allowed outdoors, just as they are not allowed indoors. This includes organized or pick up athletic games and practices.
Stay informed about COVID-19 updates, here.