Swim Area Update - 9/6/19
Long Lake Park Swim Area Remains Closed
- The beach and swim area has been closed since August 29 pending a blue-green algae toxicity test result.
- The first water sample test result toxicity was below the detectable limit (sample taken 8/29 and test result posted 9/5).
- The swim area will remain closed with water samples tested weekly until a minimum of two results are under the advisory level of toxins for safe swimming.
- For more information about algae, testing and results please visit the Thurston County Environmental Health website at www.co.thurston.wa.us/health/ehadm/swimming/blue_green_algae.html.
- Updates will continue to be posted on this website.
Lifeguards are no longer on duty for the 2019 swim season.